NEW FACTS ABOUT SODA INCREASING FAT DEPOSITS IN YOUR BODY. IT MIGHT MAKE YOU WAN TO QUIT THE CAN FOR GOOD
A recent Danish study published some interesting facts about soda in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition showed that regularly drinking soda does increase the risk of fat storage in the liver, in the muscles, and surrounding the organs in the stomach. Other studies have linked such fat buildup to an increased risk of diabetes and heart disease.
In this study, 47 overweight or obese subjects were randomly assigned to one of 4 test groups to drink daily either a liter of regular soda, milk of the same calories as the soda, aspartame-sweetened diet cola, and water.
The research results showed that drinking soda regularly increased fat surrounding organs in the stomach by 25%, and almost doubled the amount of fat in the liver and muscles. Drinking regular soda also showed an increased triglycerides by 32% and cholesterol by 11%.
So soda causes fat to accumulate in all the wrong places, and from the scientific literature it is evident that the fructose part is the primary culprit in inducing fat synthesis in the liver.
Trying to quit drinking Soda?
If you are a heavy soda drinker and want to quit, try switching to just one cup or one can for water this week. Then when you feel comfortable with that, keep taking it back a little more each week.
Quick Facts About The Side Effects of Soda
- Phosphoric Acid – Soda is loaded with Phosphoric Acid which weakens the bones and rots your teeth.
- Sweeteners – Excessive artificial sweeteners make you crave even more.
- Caramel color – Made from the synthetic chemical caramel which has little in common with ordinary caramel or caramel candy. It is purely cosmetic, doesn’t add flavor yet is tainted with carcinogens.
- Formaldehyde, carcinogen. It is not added in soda but when you digest aspartame, it will break down into 2 amino acids and methanol = formic acid + formaldehyde (diet sodas)
- High Fructrose Corn Syrup (HFCS) – is a concentrate form of sugar, fructose derived from corn (and these days found in 75% of food in grocery stores). It increases body fat, cholesterol and triglycerides, and it also makes you feel hungry.
- Potassium Benzoate – This preservative can be broken down to benzene in your body. If you keep your soda in the sun, benzene = carcinogen.
- Food dyes = these impair your brain function, cause hyperactive behavior, difficulty focusing, and lack of impulse control.